Due to the COVID-19 closure and in order to support artists and suppliers who have been with us for a long time, we are unable to accept any new artists or suppliers this season. You are still welcome to apply but please bear in mind that anyone accepted will not be stocked until next year.
Whilst we welcome applications to sell work in our gallery and gift shop, please note that we DO NOT look at work from people who have walked in off the street without an appointment (I blame "The Apprentice" for this.) We have a busy gallery and framing workshop and do not have the time to look through everyone's portfolios.
Applications can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our mailing address below. Please check the following information before applying.
We do not take on work from overseas based artists and designers, only those based in the UK.
Please look carefully at the work we already sell and do some research on our website or by visiting the shop before applying. Is your work very similar to something we already have, if so we probably won't take it? Is your work appropriate for our gallery and shop? (Someone sent us some very explicit paintings to look at once, a little research first would have shown that we are a family friendly, coastal based gallery).
We welcome applications from artists and designers who have a clear identity to their designs and who work from their original ideas.
Please include the following in your application.
* Up to six images of your work or a current trade catalogue. Please make sure they are good quality images that reflect current available work. Please do not send massive file sizes.
* A brief biography, include any art/design qualifications and infomation about your work.
* On the wall or retail prices of your work, or an up to date trade price list with your trade terms & conditions.
* A list of shops, galleries or online sites through which you already sell your work. If you are already exhibiting with another business within the St. Austell area we are unlikely to stock your work.
* Your website address, facebook page address and any other social media addresses that you use for your business.
While we have no problem selling work for artists and craftspeople who also sell through their own websites and at open studio sales, please be aware that if you are selling directly to the public for much lower retail prices than the galleries you supply we will not consider your work.
Please note that we receive a large amount of applications every month and take very few new exhibitors/suppliers each year. Many of our suppliers have been with us for over ten years and we have limited space to add more. We will try to reply to you as soon as possible, but this may take a few weeks.